Archive for April 7, 2018
In thisarticle we will hide a text message inside a picture. We have choose for this tutorial a text file named topsecret.txt and a picture photo.jpg.
1. Move your files you want to combine in a new folder, in our case C:\topsecret.
2. Add the file you want to hide into a new RAR archive (in our example named topsecret.rar).
3. WinRar created the archive in the folder where our files are located.
4. Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run…, type cmd and press Enter).
5. Go to the folder where your files are located, in this case C:\topsecret by using the cd command.
6. Now type copy /b photo1.jpg + topsecret.rar hotchick.jpg where photo1.jpg is the original picture, topsecret.rar is the file that will be hidden, and hotchick.jpg is the file which contains both.
7. If you open hotchick.jpg you will see the photo1.jpg image.
8. Try opening the file with WinRar (select All files).
9. Now you can see the text file that is hidden in the picture.
A simple solution to make this more secure, is to use encryption on the RAR file or set a password when your create it.